Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

#DivineHell: Heresy

Second part of the DivineHell challenge. The tour of Hell continues…

The Tour Guide of Hell fanned himself with the list of the damned and their punishments as he walked downwards. Stopping at the lip of a pit he waved his hand and said: “And here are the heretics.”
“God is dead!” A solitary fist rose from the dimness.
“Well then, who put you in here?” Rowan pushed a young man in a cape and pointed hat into the pit. “Off you go, pagan.”
The youngster stumbled down; once he regained equilibrium he threw off his hat and stepped on it. “I died while live-roleplaying, I’m not a real heretic!”
“That’s what they all say!” He shouted over his shoulder. “Now, begin writing the Hail Marys. You’ve got plenty of work to do before the end of times.”
A damned lifted his hand. “What happened to the flaming tombs?”
“Are you complaining about your punishment? They were a bit of an overkill.”

4 comments:

  1. Dialogue really made me laugh on this one, great sense of timing.
    "And here are the heretics."
    "God is dead!"
    "Well then, who put you in here?"

    I figured it wouldn't get much better than that, but you blew me away with "I died while live-roleplaying, I'm not a real heretic!"
    Probably the best case I've heard for RPers going to hell--is if they die in an unsavory character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part, "that's what they all say."
    but it was just a video game ...lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I died while live-roleplaying, I’m not a real heretic!” <- haha nice.

    So many great lines in a short piece :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm literally laughing out loud. This is brilliant. Oh please make it into a book!

    ReplyDelete