Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

#DivineHell: Violence

Welcome to the Seventh Circle. There's no turning back now :)

“Listen to me!” Edwin’s pale face had reddened from the shouting. “I am not one of the damned!”
Rowan’s brow furrowed, lines appearing on his forehead. “Well, what are you then?”
“An above ground employee.” He buried his face in his hands. “Now, please take me to Lucifer. I have a message for him.”
“You’re lying to get out of your punishment.” Rowan flung an accusing finger at Edwin, who returned it with a flat stare.
“You - asked for this.” Fear was written clearly on Rowan’s face as he hit the wall. Edwin’s free hand was drawn back, fingers in a tight fist.
Eyes wide Rowan uttered: “You wouldn’t dare.”
Leisurely Edwin’s fingers curled around The Tour Guide’s throat. “I work part-time for the Devil.”
Rowan looked down, then up. This was not what he had signed up for. “Alright! I’ll take you to Lucifer!”

4 comments:

  1. Eh? Rowan's carrying on the Tour-Guide thing? Is he or isn't he a Fraud? Very curious to see how this turns out now--especially given it should end in Treachery.

    This definitely strikes me as a situation comedy though. Frustrated minion of the Devil and odd-ball Tour Guide of Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I work part-time for the Devil.”

    I want that as a T-Shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @David A Ludwig
    Thanks, poor Edwin, I think he might have been happier in the story I originally created him for.

    @Craig Smith
    I should start selling t-shirts with quotes from my stories...hmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so your Divine Hell also featured a character outside of their intended context? Interesting to know--since in my case doing a 2-generations later of one of my super-hero stories I discovered the villain ruled the world.

    ReplyDelete